Re: DYBCW

To: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Subject: Re: DYBCW
From: Alex & Peggy McGregor <apmcgregor@home.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 22:37:51 -0600
I don't understand.  My city has about 200,000 people, few (I think) LBC's
and I know most of the owners,  but all LBC's get driven (except mine
which isn't road worthy).  May be that up here in the frozen north that an
accident will not kill you financially (if you're not at fault).

I've read Jerome's posts and I agree.  I've seen more cars I'd love to own
here than I've heard of down south.  My LBC club has driving events where
we get: several MGB's, TRx's (mostly6), 2 or 3 AH 3000, spridgets, an XKE,
a Morgan, no Sunbeams yet (as mine ain't there yet) , but all or most are
daily summer drivers.

Are there so few LBC's in the states, or are people afraid to drive them,
or what goes on?  NY city has 15 times the population of my province.  I'm
sure Manhatten has 10 times our population even if there is no place to
keep a car, or drive it.  Chicago is a place I go to a lot (my employer
has a large office there)....  I've never seen an LBC.  Climate,
insurance, what?  Why don't anybody see LBC's.there?