Sunbeam Alpino

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Alpino
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:31:05 -0400 (EDT)
     Today  I was walking out to the parking lot and found a family of
seven looking over my Alpine so I sat down on a bench and waited for
them to leave. Dad was pontificating about the heritage of this unique
vehicle.
    " How do you like this kids? This is a french made car." he
pronounced. "The name there, Alpino, is french for Alpine. Yup, this is
a Renault . They bought the company."
     I just sat there and enjoyed the sunshine and let them walk away
believing it was a  Renawlt ( that's Midwestern for Renault ). I
couldn't embarass Dad in front of his wife and kid's could I ?
     BTW, this is the second time someone has mistaken the script Alpine
for Alpino. Third, if you count me making the same mistake the other day
reading one on ebay.

Rob Nanzig
67 Alpino