Re: Fuel shortage?

To: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel shortage?
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:14:31 +1000
Steve

I know my gas mileage for two reasons.  One is that with petrol  in my blood
I just HAVE to know everything about my car.  The other reason is so I can
p... off those smart A's who say "Oh a V8, that must really go through the
gas".  I can then point out that my highly tuned manual V8 gets about the as
good a mileage as their crappy slush-box six cylinder.  This worked
particularly well with my mother in law who is obsessed with fuel mileage.
So if I could modify your fathers axiom to "Show me a person who frets about
gas mileage......"

I recall the first fuel shortage of the 1970's.  Large numbers of people
here were getting out of big comfortable V8s into cramped 4 cylinder cars.
They lost huge amounts on their trade-ins, and found they never made up the
loss on fuel mileage.

Cheers

Vic Hughes
1963 S3, 1984 Brock Commodore, 1991 MX5