Subject: steering cross tube

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: steering cross tube
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:58:22 -0700
XK'S Unlimited sells a really neat replacement for the Jaguar XK140, etc.,
that looks similar to ours.  It is not simply a wad of rubber like Alpines,
but a real bearing.  I've been meaning to measure one of the Alpine ones,
but haven't had time.  Does someone else have the measurements?  I figure
we need to know the ID and height of the hole in the crossover tube, and
the length and angle of the rod that sticks out and goes into the arms.
Now, I haven't the foggiest idea how that angle is measured or quantified.
Maybe order a couple and get them side by side.  Also, the size of the
threaded part, length and width would be important.

If they'd fit, it seems like a great idea.  My cross over tube is "NOS"
that I bought a few years back, and is already shot.

Jay