Re: [6pack] Compression Ratio Calculation

To: Derek <saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Compression Ratio Calculation
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:36:18 +0000
Thanks Derek, that is quite a formidable spreadsheet !.

And that thickness is consistent with Roger Williams who says in both TR6
books that the US head will need about .080 removed to bring the compression
back up to 9.5:1

According to Richard (zero decked, standard pistons) 3.5 - 3.416 = .084 for
9.5:1 CR

Less than I was expecting.

Vance once told me he had .120 removed from his 74.5 for a target CR of 9.6:1
but he did not totally zero deck the block but left it .010 above the pistons
so I guess that would account for some of the difference between .084 and .120
(the more volume between the piston and the top of the block, the more you
have to remove from the head to get the same CR ?)

Stan