Re: Horn Button

To: rmweber_99@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn Button
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:58:35 -0500
  Ron,

 I am attaching a picture of the horn button off my steering wheel. I have
replaced my original wheel with a mota lita wheel so I had my old one close by.
In the picture the button is upside down. If you turn the button over and
install it the metal piece on the side will be pushed in, providing contact
with the hub. The tab on the bottom of the button must align with the spring
loaded connector that sits in the hub and provides a ground when you press the
horn button, sounding the horn. If you are reinstalling everything it is
possible to not have the tab on the bottom of the button bent down enough to
contact with the metal connector when you push the button. Or, if it is too far
down, then the horn will sound when you install the button.

 I cant help you with the insides of the button since I have never taken mine
apart. Also, in the picture, the metal connector has been transferred to my new
hub so you can only see a hole where it goes.

 Sorry, not the best description, nor I am sure using the right terms but I am
too lazy to research the right terms. I hope this helps, if not, fire away with
the questions.

 Cheers,

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley