FW: question

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:08:51 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Navarrette, Vance
Sent: January 08, 2007 3:48 PM
To: 'oliver'
Cc: ''
Subject: RE: question

        Oliver:

        The only high confidence thing I can think of is to have a
formal appraisal done. A local LBC car shop should be able to do this
for you (for a small fee?).
        A zero cost alternative would be to use the feature in eBay that
lets you look at the closing bid on TR6 auctions in the last 30 days.
Look at the cars that SOLD (not the "reserve not met" auctions) and
compare them to yours, perhaps taking an average if there is more than
one that is close. Year of the car is irrelevant, only the condition
matters when a car gets this old. If you have OD add $1,000, likewise
for wire wheels. I would add $500 if you have air. I would assume a
deduction for non-original aspects of the car. e.g. engine or tranny
swaps will REDUCE the value of the car. Small items like non-stock carbs
(Webers or SUs) or exhaust will probably not change the value of the
car.
        Remember that eBay will give you auction prices, which tend to
be lower than retail (i.e. what a used car dealer would ask). TR6s have
been slowly appreciating for the last several years, so it is a good
idea to reevaluate periodically.

        Just my $0.00002

        Vance