Another Pertronics question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Pertronics question
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:37:43 EST
Listers:

I have a much simpler Pertronics question:

I am scheduled to take the 6 on a multi-day trip in a few weeks.  I  have a
Pertronics electronic ignition setup installed by the PO that works  great.  My
concern is that it could fail on the trip and leave me  stranded.  I plan to
bring standard ignition parts with me to use as a  backup just in case.  I
gather that swapping the Pertronics out and the  standard parts in is pretty
trivial.

1.    What parts, exactly, do I need to purchase  (condenser, points, rotor,
anything else)?
2.    What is the procedure for swapping them  out?

As simple as this must be, my Haynes manual says nothing about electronic
ignition and I don't have any of the instructions from the original Pertronix
installation.

Thanks!

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue