Re: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph newsgroups

To: "Joel Zysman" <jpzysman@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph newsgroups
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:41:24 -0700
Hi John,
I use this email address only for this list and the Triumph list. I do not
ever use this email address for anything else. This morning I had about 15
list emails in my inbox (no spam) and 1 in my Spam folder. This should be a
good indication that most of your spam is not because you are are this list.

I agree with Joel, the volumn has jumped recently and we are all waiting for
the vendors to come out with new solutions to help combat this.

I've had pretty good luck with Gmail automaticly filtering "most" spam out
of my inbox and into a spam folder. They don't get it all but at least 3/4
of it. In my other Gmail email adrress that I use for everything else I
probably get three times as much spam as real emails. Again, most are
filtered by Gmail into a Spam folder so they don't show up in my regular
inbox.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U