RE: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph newsgroups

To: "'jhaeg'" <haeg1@mninter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph newsgroups
From: "Joel Zysman" <jpzysman@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:07:37 -0500
Hi John,
While it is possible that the Spam is related to the list, I do not believe
it is.  There has been a marked increase in Spam everywhere over the last
few months.  There has been a tremendous rise in the use of "botnets"
recently.  This has been true for businesses as well as personal accounts.
There has also been an increase in the use of picture spam recently which is
making it very difficult for a lot of filters to work.
Also, you are far more likely to get spam from posting in a newsgroup than
you are on a mailing list.
Hang in there, there are a lot of new tools coming out to combat this.

Joel

IT Director in real life
CC66881