Re: windshield

To: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu (Kevin McNelis)
Subject: Re: windshield
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:54:43 -0800
Kevin---Many of us do the windshield change. As with most things, it
gets easier by the third go-around!  An old car restorer told me he used
Neatsfoot oil between the glass and rubber, for both a lubricant and as
a sealer (when it dries). I also found it to work well.
I use #14 plastic? insulated copper wire rather than rope, as the means
to pull the rubber over the glass, altho drapery cord might also do the
job.

Give some thought to tinted glass. Be sure there are no nicks along the
edge of the new windshield. I've seen some really poor ones right out of
the box.

Dick

From:
kmcnelis@nmsu.edu(Kevin McNelis)

The glass guy was just here on one of our other cars. He convinced me
the TR6 winshield was easy (mine's cracked, coast to coast). Told me all
about the clothesline trick, and all that. So I'm gonna do it. Here's
the question: What all do I need? It looks like (from the Moss online)
that I need
CLIP, finisher
FINISHER, glazing rubber
RUBBER, glazing