Re: Tonneau covers

To: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau covers
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:08:26 -0400
>At 4:09 PM -0600 10/2/06, Dr L. Kevin McNelis wrote:
>Has anyone ever modified one themselves to fit? If any of you have
>done it, do you have a patern?  Or
>suggestions?

Years ago I modified the cover on my Sprite to fit over the rollbar.
I carefully marked the location where the vertical section would
penetrate the cover and cut circular holes. I then made a cut between
these holes and sewed in a marine-grade zipper. To install the cover,
slip it over the bar and do up the zipper. It was even reasonably
water tight.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (29 year owner)