RE: I love my Triumph but...

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: I love my Triumph but...
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 08:28:23 -0600
>===== Original Message From "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
=====
 I'm really more interested in the vast field of
>cars that can be bought for under 25k.  The car can be a Triumph, for
>instance I'd like a TR250, but they don't have to be.  If you could indulge
>me with your responses, I'd appreciate it.

The under 25K is the hard part. Though echoing many other at this point. A
2500M modified my way would do very nicely. As would a Datsun 240Z (my first
sports car), possibly a Datsun 510 too. A Lotus Cortina (MkI, I have a MKII GT
1600 already) or a tricked out for historic rallye Escort MkI. A TR5 would
also be cool.

Given more money, an Aston Martin DBR1, DB4GT(Zagato!), Maserati A6GCS,
Ferrari 250GT SWB or my all time favorite Ferrari due to an up close and
personal encounter during my formative years, a 288GTO (drool!!! I still get
weak in the knees).

Actually the more money list could really be very long. Come to think of it,
the under 25K list could still get longer as well. Fo now though I think I'll
spend that money on my three cars now, the TR6, the TR8FHC and the Cortina
1600GT. 25K could dissappear into those three pretty quickly and then all
three would be pretty much done. Though I'm sure I could think of more to do
to them. :o)

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)