Re: Help! Leaking Coolant.

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! Leaking Coolant.
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:43:24 -0400
Well, I removed the head this evening and ran a straight edge over it in
just about every orientation possible.  The head doesn't seem to be warped
at all.  I did have the head gasket installed properly with the tab at the
rear, and the rings toward the block.  I looked at the gasket, and didn't
see anything that stuck out as damaged.  I did notice that there are some
minor "rough spots" on the block and head.  When I say "rough spots", I
basically mean not shiny like most of the surfaces.  Should I take some
emory cloth and smooth the surfaces a little bit before installing a new
gasket?  Also, since nothing appears to be wrong should I just install a new
gasket and hope for the best???  Thanks for all of the help!
Cary