Re: Front suspension issues --- progress!

To: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Subject: Re: Front suspension issues --- progress!
From: <lindquistse@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:41:13 -0700
Cregg,

I had replaced the ball joints during my rebuild and I still have a 3/4"
depression of my left side.  But with advice from the list I inspected the
trainling arm brackets and discovered the left hand side brackets are put in
differently than the right, lowering the left hand rear side by .2" relative to
the right.  But keep in mind that the frame is rigid and lowering the left rear
raises the front right and raising the right rear lowers the front left.

Long story short, I will swap the trailing arms brackets as soon as I receive
some new bolts.  Also, noteworthy is that gas usage will change things over
time.  I had measured the car with a 1/4 tank , drove it a bit and filled the
tank and remeasured.  That weight was worth 3/8" change on the rear
measurements.