Tire upgrade

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire upgrade
From: <lindquistse@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:57:43 -0700
My wire wheels on my TR250 are out of round and are beyond reasonable repair.
They are 15 x 4 1/2 60 spoke wheels.  I am considering moving up to 15x 6 72
spoke chrome Dayton wheels, and going from a 185SR15 tire to a 205/70/15 tire.
Tire diameters are within 1%.  Am I safe increasing tire width 20mm ( wheel
well interference etc).  Anyone using near to these wheel/tire specs out there?

195/65/15 tires are also available ( limited choices), but is wider better
until your hit the fenders wells?

What performance features should I expect in going from a narrow to a wider
tire?

And advice for inflation?

I know this has been discussed for minilight wheels and discussion of wheel
offsets, but I don't recall wires being mentioned.

Thanks, Steve