Re: TR6 uptime

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 uptime
From: William McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:17:15 -0500
Michael,

I bought mine new in Oct '70. So far it's been the
most reliable car I've ever owned. Been in the shop
twice once for the 500 mile inspection and later to
get a 4.30 rear gear set up. It was a daily driver
for years, now it is semi-retired. Comes out when
nothing else will start or when its play time. The
car is very original as in not restored.  In all
fairness, I do work on it myself. Had the head off
for modifications and installation of S2 cam. Pan's
not been off trans and OD are unmolested. 1 clutch,
a couple water pumps, a voltage regulator and normal
wear items, thats it. OOPS, hole in fuel tank.
Looked like the factory painted a pin hole closed
and octane booster ate the paint and it peed in the
trunk.

I've been very fortunate with my six and realize it
is the exception rather than the rule. Apparently it
was 'put together right'. As far as availability for
use, more or less 24/7. I do try to keep it out of a
lot of the lovely Ohio weather.

Somewhere there has to be a good wrench in Fl. to
help you out.

Bill    '70  6