Re: HVDA 5 speed

To: "Mitch Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: HVDA 5 speed
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:46:43 -0700
Mitch,

I've had mine for just about three years and I love it!  Gotta be the best
"upgrade" I've done.  Shifting into 5th on the freeway just brings
everything down(noise, vibration, rpm's, etc).  I used the Celica trans and
first and second "feel" lower than the stock gearing.
Herman is a great guy and his kit is first rate.  Everyone I've spoken with
that has the kit is very satisfied.  I included the hydraulic slave cylinder
and you have to be careful setting the distance on it.  Judging by what
you've done with your car it's a piece of cake.
You may miss the distinctive odor of hypoid burning off the exhaust pipe
though!  I noticed that on my first test drive. Boy, do the top of the
Triumph transmissions leak!!
NFI on this of course.  I may have been one of Herman's first customers and
I got one after having my 4 speed rebuilt less than a year before.  Would do
it again in a minute.

Let me know if you have any questions,
John
71TR6