FW: Air compressor recommendations

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Air compressor recommendations
From: Don Born <dborn@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:58:44 -0500
I have an air cooled Campbell Hausfeld 2.5 hp, 115v, 15 amp compressor.  It
is great for my medium duty household and garage use.  Powers all my air
tools with no problem.  Well, the cut-off tool only last for a short time.
But I am able to use it to blow out my underground sprinklers.   It is rated
at 7.9 cfm@40 psi and 6.4 cfm@90 psi with a 20 gal tank.  Maximum pressure
is 125psi. It's on wheels and somewhat portable.  I've had it for over 10
years and still works great.  I put it in my basement and piped it through
the house into my workshop, hobby room, outside and garage.  I used 1"
Schedule 40 pipe rated for 450psi.  Best thing I ever did.

Is bigger better?  Sure but not if you need to 'borrow' it once in a while.

Don B
(still looking for a TR6)