71 Seat Back Upholstery Question

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 Seat Back Upholstery Question
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:53:17 -0700 (PDT)
I'm finally getting around to covering the seat backs on my 71 TR6 and am
completely stumped on how to proceed on upholstering the side bolsters ( also
called "squab supports"). I'm hoping someone can share their experience and
digital images if available. I've got both the Williams book as well as the BV
manual on reupholstering the seats but neither provides any guidance on how to
attach the foam side bolsters.

My 71 TR6 seats have wire frame side bolsters and a built in headrest so this
is where the problem lies. I've got the new foam pieces from a Moss kit but
can't seem to figure out how to attach the foam pieces to the wire frame. Moss
was not able to provide any guidance on this. There are two foam assemblies but
neither are marked left or right so I'm not even sure which side is which. The
foam bolsters are built up from three different pieces of foam and then glued
to a white cloth substrate that hangs over the edges by 1-2".

Any guidance and/or images that any of the 6pack readers can provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Ron W.
71TR6