RE: Speedi-sleeve for transmission

To: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>, <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedi-sleeve for transmission
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:24:14 -0700
        John:

        I presume at this point you have tried replacing the seal, and
you still have a leak.

        Are you certain it is leaking between the shaft and the seal?
There could be a leak between the seal housing and the tranny case, or a
leak between the seal and the seal housing. I found Hylomar is very good
for sealing these things, and you do need to seal them.
        Can't help you on the speedi-sleeve. Sorry.

        Vance