TR6 doors

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 doors
From: "JOHN JOHNSON" <john70350@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:23:24 +0000
Guys, I have a quick question for everyone who restored their TR6. The door
checkstrap assembly that is in the door jamb and attaches to the door is
held into the jamb via two large rivets. I bought a new checkstrap assembly
and a new guide for it but what is everyone doing for rivets? It is VERY
tight to get behind the rivet in the jamb and the factory must have had a
special tool. I thought about a small bolt that did'nt seem cool. Anybody
done this? Thanks, John 1974 TR6 CF28816U