Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Trick for removing stuck brake caliper pistons
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:31:29 -0500
Don,
I redid my calipers per Nelson's write-up, and I used a kit from TRF. It
contained the "seal" for the caliper halves. The original seal was not an
O-ring, but a square profile.
I torqued per Nelson's recommendation, and have had no problems for a two
year period.
I blasted the calipers, but would caution you to be very thorough on the
recess for the piston seal. There tends to be an accumulation of rust in
the deep corners of the "recess", that blasting was not totally removed
by the media. I very carefully used a blade to remove the remaining
corrosion, and as I said before, no problems.

Hope this  is helpful,

Mark Riddle
72' TR6