Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions

To: "Shannon Muncy" <shannm2@triad.rr.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:23:27 -0500
"Here you can see the part installed and it worked perfectly."
Is that as in engine running with no leaks?  Look real close.  Hard to
believe when the wood sealing block is missing from the lower side, maybe
even the opposite although hard to see.  Top photo does appear to have the
one side sealed.

The wood seals will absorb oil and swell regardless, but did this engine
actually run with the new block?

Call me a skeptic but as soon as I find a contradiction like this I really
begin to have doubts.  Just seems to be too much trouble for a fix that is
not adequately proven out.  I'd rather let someone else be the guinea pig.

Greg