Re: Repairing a Plywood Dashboard

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Repairing a Plywood Dashboard
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:15:12 -0800
Thanks for all the feedback on this.  Especially, the more correct terminology.
 I guess I've been listening to too many Simon and Garfunkel albums lately.

I guess I also should have done a better job of explaining what's wrong with my
dash.  I noticed while working under it that the plywood itself is starting to
separate in the lower corners.  Refinishing the fascia is also in order, but
only after determining if the plywood itself can be rejuvenated.  If it cannot
be, then the dash is probably history.  So if anyone knows of any plywood
repair books that might be applicable here, I would like to hear from you.  I'm
going to check out some local furniture restorers to see what they tell me.
I've heard from some of you that this might be an expensive way to go.  We'll
see.

Mike