Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Something found on Ebay..Opinions
From: "Shannon Muncy" <shannm2@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:29:01 -0500
Hey... I'm as skeptical as the next guy... I just thought I would see what
everyone thought about it.

>"Who's the seller?  Have a name?"

Nope, working on it.

>"The original part is aluminum, not steel.  If memory serves me
correctly that was to allow the aluminum to expand from the heat to give a
better seal against oil seepage, including around the side wood wedges and
the threaded screw holes."

Not sure they succeeded on that objective there....Just from my experience
with Fords and Chevy's the design leaves much to be desired.  Nearly all the
books I've read point out that this is a weak spot.  The seller may be a
crook, but I think the idea, in concept, is a good one.  Whether the science
behind it pans out is another thing.

-Shannon

  Hmmmm, something seems vaguely familiar about that addJ

  Who's the seller?  Have a name?