Re: Odd request (Nigerian scam alert)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Odd request (Nigerian scam alert)
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:40:45 -0500
Martin

As others have pointed out, this is well known as the "Nigerian" scam. Try
only posting your phone number,  or better yet, a P.O Box. I've had several
of these jerks kicked off the Yahoo mail server by sending the entire
message (complete with header and IP address so they can trace it) to
abuse@yahoo.com. I think all ISPs use the 'abuse' email address with the
appropriate domain. I also sent my state attorney general every contact. The
Feds get involved if they try to use the U.S. mails (mail fraud) , so string
them along and try to get them to send you the check by mail, not a courier
service, since some are dumber than others.

See http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/01/eveningnews/main527883.shtml
and

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/TGTBT/2004/07-21-04.pdf

Jerry