RE: Rear Axle conversion Kit

To: <genehart@att.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Axle conversion Kit
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:07:56 -0700
    Gene:

    I am assuming this item has a few CNC milled bits and pieces, and is
made in small quantities (probably by a blind English clock maker, and
only on Sundays). It is 830.50 Euros, which is $1,040 at current
exchange rates. I am assuming that you would need to purchase 2 for a
total of $2,080 plus shipping, although I suppose it is possible that
they are listing a "kit" for two axles. If so, then it seems like a
bargain.
    Considering the engineering, setup, marketing, etc $1,000 per axle
sounds about right. Too steep for this old timer, though. I will be
rebuilding my originals, thank-you just the same.

    Cheers,

    Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)