TR6 Headlight Surrounds

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Headlight Surrounds
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:11:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I had the unfortunate pleasure of having a headlight trim ring depart my
driver while simultaniously negotiating a fairly busy motorway
interchange. The result is a missing headlight surround.

I have a pair of new "spares" that I picked up some time ago and tried to
fit them yesterday. After an hour or so of "futzing", I gave up on that
persuit. The problem is that the "lip" that catches the top of the bucket
is to "thick", so I machined that down to the appropriate thickness. BUT
it also turns out that the ID of the trim ring is very near to an
"interference fit" to the headlight bucket. In other words, these puppies
aren't going to fit mo matter what I do.

At any rate, I'm fishing for the collective experience on the fitment of
headlight trim rings and sources. I'll be placing an order in the next day
or so...

Thanks in advance,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |

Check out the new British Cars Forum: