Re: Trailing Arm Bushings R&R

To: "Michael Corbitt" <michael_corbitt@ous.edu>
Subject: Re: Trailing Arm Bushings R&R
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:33:42 +0000
Mike,

Bring the trailing arms to the mechcanic, he'll  use a press to get them out,
About 40 bucks, then If you are getting the two part urathane kind, you can do
those yourself. The 1 part rubber will be aother trip to the mechcanic to press
the new ones in.

Of course you can pound them, drill them, use the oversize socket method, get a
2 ton press to drive them out, or buy a hydrolic hand operated press etc. and
just get aggravated at doing this pain in the *&^ thing.

I did method one, On the way to work I dropped them off, on the way home I
picked them up. Then I used uprated Urathane. The process for me was painless.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net