Re: Question about battery cables

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Question about battery cables
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:37:39 +0000
Don't get the cable from MOSS, it won't work. I got a 3ft plain black cable
from post to starter.

The TRF cable has the correct connection for the brown wires to the battery
cable.

Pricing compared to autobarn is close, but make sure you take the old cable
with you when you check.

I too am looking at a more powerful (longer lasting) battery. But I thought the
overall function of the equipment in the car, Radio, fan, etc.. was more
dependent on the Alt, not the battery.

But more amps should mean more cranking power, and longer life. I would worry
that the wiring may not handle the higher amps (or voltage) from the battery to
the starter solinoid (brown unfused wiring)? Now I'm getting interested, I'm
getting out the Dan Mansters book when I get home.

I was going with a DieHard, their return policy to me is the best in the
busness. And I only use craftsman tools, because of the return policy, I
couldn't tell you how many ratchets, airtools, jacks etc.. I've returned for an
exchange for free over the years.

But I would never let them (Sears) work on any of my cars.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net

-------------- Original message from "R. Ashford Little II" : --------------