Re: Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts

To: "Michael Corbitt" <michael_corbitt@ous.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differential Bearings and Trailing Arm Bolts
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:22:01 -0400
Mike,

The HB926 bolt is simply a standard 3-1/4 3/8" UNF (fine) hex jead bolt (HB
= hex bolt, '9' = 9/16 hex head size = 3/8" thread size, and '26' is eighths
of an inch = 26/8 or 3-1/4.  Make sure you purchase Grade 8 minimum.  For a
good explanation of this code try
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/rimmer?tr6/hardware#General%20Hardware%20and%20Fixings

There are plenty of commercial/industrial fastener suppliers that will sell
them to you, as well as your 'local' authorized Catepillar service center.
If all else fails where you are there is a place here in Raleigh called
Wilder's that will sell as few of an item as you need, ph(919) 833-2761.  I
believe they will do mail order.

I used to buy my fasteners from Fastenal, a national chain that is pretty
much everywhere, but they recently dropped odd lot sales and now you have to
buy bags of 25, 50 or 100 depending on the size of the item.

Greg Dito
CD6250L

Mike wrote:

> TRF put these on back order, but since I'm not sure how quick they will
get them in, I would like to know if anybody can suggest another supplier
for the trailing arm bolts.  Neither Moss or BPNW show them on their web
sites.