More heat problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More heat problems
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 21:30:17 +0000
Hello all,
   This is applicable to possible overheating in TR6's, but is about a
Midget.  I replaced the 1275 in my  '72 Midget with a Datsun 210 engine and
5 speed.  It runs too warm and I have replaced all the cheap easy stuff,
from here on, there will be more money and labor required on my part.

What I know:
    It boils over.
    Timing is not retarded.
   The radiator seems to flow well after flushing, watching it through the
fill hole. Though 25% of the fins are falling off the tubes.
   New Waterpump, New Super Stant 160 Degree Thermostat ( was 180 ), and 7
pound Radiator cap (was 10 pound ). The changes made no change.
    10 inch electric fan PUSHING from in front of the radiator ( No room
behind with 210 waterpump ).

   Fixes I am currently contemplating:

Modify the shroud and move the radiator forward to reposition the fan to be
a PULLER

Buy a 1500 ( Larger ) Radiator.  ( ouch $$$ )

Anyone have an idea?
slbridge@hotmail.com

   Thanks, SDSteve

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!