Joe's "Rattle" resolved

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Joe's "Rattle" resolved
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:27:54 -0500
Just a note of gratitude to the list. All those who suggested that the faint
rattle that I was hearing at 2800 rpms was due to timing problems were correct!
 I never would have believed it.  The sound I was hearing was so faint, and
inconsistant with pre-ignition, detonation sounds that I was familiar with.  I
retarded the timing 3 degrees, and the sound went away.  Hallelujah!   My wife
wonders if I was retarded...now I can tell her that I was really too far
advanced.   Thanks
Ever so humbled
Joe Davis