Re: Seat Belts /visors

To: <jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts /visors
From: "Bob" <bthomas@ripnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:00:21 -0500
 <stuff edited>
> People who rebuilt the originals(Kangol) via Ssnake-oyl,  are pleased  and
> believe the extra cost is justified. I would go this route if I had a pair
> to rebuild. (anyone?).
  Care to comment on  Moss and TRF retractable seatbelts?

> Jim
> '74.5/CF228770

Hi Jim,

   My TR6 needed seat belts 9 years ago when I bought it.   After looking at
a used set of Kangols that were as bad or worse than the originals in it (
C$300/pr at that! ), I bought the Securon belts ( US$69 each at that time )
from Moss and bolted them in with no modifications.

   They look good, work perfectly and most importantly are safer than the UV
damaged, worn out originals.   The rebuilt Kangols are probably the best bet
for the purist or a concours restoration, but for the average enthusiast,
the Moss supplied belts are more than adequate in my opinion.

Cheers,   Bob Thomas
'74.5 CF 29889U