Forwarded: #@%&@#& gearbox!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: #@%&@#& gearbox!
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:11:01 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than 6pack@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:08:42 -0800 (PST)
     From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
     Subject: #@%&@#& gearbox!

List,

    I finally got my TR250 back on the road after swapping the frame
    over my winter break, and the only real problem i have run into is
    with the gearbox. I rebuilt the transmission (a-type OD) with the
    help of the infamous Nelson Riedel, so i figured all would be
    well, but it seem to be popping out of second gear while
    decelerating. It probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, except
    that I'm going to autocross the car and I cant have it coming out
    of gear when i lift. Anyway, nelson said that i should tighten the
    adjusting screw in the top cover which helped a little, but it
    still pops out. Almost all the parts inside are new except for the
    syncros, which were still in spec (I was also afraid of new
    syncros that are made in Taiwan). Is this a syncro problem, or
    could it be a thrust washer problem? Any ideas would be very
    helpful.

Thanks,
   Ryan Miles