Re: No Vacuum

To: Mickylong@aol.com
Subject: Re: No Vacuum
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:11:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2003 3:11:54 PM Central Daylight Time, Mickylong
writes:
Sam.

Have you determined that you have no vacuum at the carb or is the cause of
your problem in the line to the disty?  I had a similar problem but determined
that I did have vacuum at the manifold by checking the line to the brake
booster.  I reset the timing to with the retard line disconnected and it does
seem
to run OK.  But I also checked to make sure I didn't have excessive play in the
throttle shafts and that they were closing properly.  My 6 idles about 900 -
1000 when warmed up, which I can live with.

Have you checked your throttle shaft wear yet?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6
There is no vacuum at the carb.  I ran a wire up the port and sprayed with
carb cleaner.  I also blew air through the line to make sure it was clear.
Throttle shafts and seals are good with no excessive play.  I'm sure there is
vacuum at the manifold as the brakes work fine.  There is no extra port to get
vacuum from