Re: gearbox top cover

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gearbox top cover
From: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:24:23 +0000
Hi list,

I too have put off answering this question, as my memory of subtle events of
20 years ago are beginning to get lost in my head.  Aging is only good for
classic cars.

I wanted to say that there was a thin paper gasket but I since I could feel
100% sure I've held off answering.  This past week I just bought a complete
A-type overdrive transmission and it appears to be original.  I'll check
tomorrow to see if there is anything located under the top switches.

I've just arrived at my parents' house, where my car and parts are located.
Yeah!  That means that I'll likely be taking a drive soon.  Arrrgh, the
clouds are rolling in AGAIN.

Sincerely,
Dave Herbert
1969 TR6 (driven less than a thousand miles in the past 24 years combined).