Bosch Alternator

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bosch Alternator
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:26:36 -1000
Aloha wise ones,

Question for you.  I've just replaced my Lucas for a Bosch Alternator and I
have a question.  My plug has two wires a thick brown wire and a small
yellow/brown wire.  Additionally, there was a small brown wire connected to
the Lucas via a female plug to the male on the alternator.

On the Bosch, the plug fits perfectly but I had to change out the small brown
wire from the female to a o-ring type connector to go over a bolt on the
Bosch.

My question is now that I've done it, my ignition light is on when the key is
off and out of the ignition.  Did I do something wrong with the small brown
wire?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6