Re: Bolt through the trunion

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt through the trunion
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:07:12 -0400
Interesting question... I wish you had asked it a few days ago.

I'm dissembling the front suspension of my TR250 right now. I'm the
original owner and I know it has never been apart. The passenger side
(right side) has the castellated nut towards the rear -- towards the
caliper. Unfortunately I have already dissembled the drivers side (left
side), so I can't say about it. I thought I looked and verified that
they were mirror images of each other, but I can't tell you 100% for sure.

The Bentley manual has several pictures of both sides, and they
consistently show the castellated nut towards the rear (caliper).

On the other hand, the Haynes Manual, and the TRF and Moss catalogs show
only the drivers side, and show the castellated nut towards the front.

Interesting...

Unless someone else corrects me, I am going to go on the assumption that
the two sides are mirror images of each other and that the Bentley
manual is correct. The castellated nut goes towards the rear on both sides.

Don Malling