Re: Problems at 4500 RPM

To: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Problems at 4500 RPM
From: Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:38:16 -0400
Thanks Mitch.  I'm desperate for a solution and I'm going down Dick's
checklist item by item as well as others who have offered constructive
suggestions.

The throttle not opening fully is not an issue as I've re-checked that
today.  As I've mentioned previously, the ignition wires will be replaced
with Magnecore's (ordered today from Moss), Flame Thrower coil on Monday  as
well as re-installing new points and condensor which Ialso ordered today.

I will re-check dynamic timing at 900 RPM idle and to Dick's suggestion make
sure timing is advancing to 26 degrees at 3000 RPM.  That should do it for
ignition and if problem is not rectified, I'll move on to carburetor (as per
Dick's checklist).  I'm going to take your advice and check vacuum at idle
(16 mm Hg hopefully, as you have on your set-up)

Thanks again to all who have supplied constructive suggestions.  If any on
the list can think of anything else, please get back to me.  Too much $$$
has already been spent for this motor NOT to be running top notch.

Regards,
Seth