Re: Re; Windshields

To: pagano@comcast.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re; Windshields
From: CLund66@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:32:55 EDT
Hello Cliff,

I ordered a windshield from Victoria British four years ago.  The windshield
cracked when I installed it.  This was not the first windshield that I have
installed in my six.  I ordered another from Victory British.  I had a
professional instill this piece of glass. I couldn't bear to have my friend
help me again (he was really the one who cracked it).  Instead of a cracked
windshield, now I have an incredibly poor fitting piece of glass that leaks
water -- badly!  The installer noted during installation that that was one of
the poorest pieces of glass that he has worked with.  He pointed out the many
jagged edges around the perimeter of the glass and explained that these are
all potential points that could cause the glass to crack.  He also pointed
out that glasses shape did not follow the windshield frame.  I noticed this
in the first windshield.  Once again, the lower right corner did not fit
worth a damn.  Now when it rains, water comes shooting from under the right
corner.

The moral of the story is don't buy on price alone! Ask around and by the
best windshield regardless of price.

Chris
1972 TR6 with leaky windshield