Re: Missing Brake Fluid

To: rray@neweracanning.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Missing Brake Fluid
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:18:25 -0400
Rick,

The first place you should start is at www.buckeyetriumph.org.  That site has a
wonderful selection of brake repair and rebuild articles in their tech section
that will make you feel a great deal more comfortable about working on your
brakes.

That having been said, the fluid has to have gone somewhere.  In the abscence
of a large puddle, it is possible for the master cylinder to leak around the
plunger and leak directly into your servo, eventually even filling up the servo
and leaking on your feet as you are driving.  This is what happened to me.  It
is possible for the fluid to have leaked from the plunger and down the inside
of your engine bay.  If this is the case, there should be evidence of that.  In
either case, a MC rebuild will be in order.

I would bet dollars to donuts that the problem is in the master cylinder.
Check here first and should you not find the problem in the master cylinder
then I would start inspecting other brake components.

Rest assured, you are capable of repairing the problem.

Cheers,

Aaron