Re: TR6 Accel Pedal Bushing Kit on eBay?

To: cwrm4@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Accel Pedal Bushing Kit on eBay?
From: "Gene Holtzclaw" <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:06:05 +0000
William, I have yet to see these bought for 8.00. They always go higher
toward the end. I bought a set from him by asking him how much and he sent
me a set for 15.00 including shipping. I wish it was a 15 minute job. I
blame myself as much as anybody but that 15 minutes turned into about 4
hours. The biggest problem was that the bushings fit so well on the shaft
that once the shaft was put in, it was in enough of a bind to not allow free
movement. I then took one side out and tried reaming one of them to allow
free movement but still to no avail. To make this saga short, I put them in
4 times untill I was satisfied. They look great installed but whatever the
material is ought to last longer than the car as even my drill bits didn't
like the stuff. A great amount of my time was spent fooling with my linkage
getting it perfectly adjusted once the bushings were in.