RE: wobbling fan

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: wobbling fan
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:43:00 -0700 (PDT)
Shortcut: cut the fan off using a hacksaw or reciprocating saw.  You
just need to cut the four bolts that hold the fan to the fan extension
piece that comes off the crank pulley.  Removing these bolts with the
rad in is next to impossible because there is very little clearance
between the rad and the fan to get a wrench in, and on top of that, you
have to bend back the metal tabs that stop the bolts from turning.

Then mount an electric fan on the front of the rad as a pusher.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://search.yahoo.com