wobbling fan

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: wobbling fan
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:23:33 EDT
I started my car for the first time today. I've just completed a
"mechanical"overhaul of the car: engine tranny suspension brakes etc...  I
was thrilled at how easy the car started, and although in need of a tune up,
runs pretty good.  However, at idle the fan is obviously unbalanced.  The
dampener looks fine, but I think I must have left out a washer or something
on the fan as it has a noticeable wobble.  Is this going to get me in
trouble?  I can't imagine having to take the front end of the car apart to
fix this fan.  Can the fan be removed with the radiator in place?  If so, I
might opt for an electric fan instead.
Joe Davis