Re: Gas in the Sump?

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas in the Sump?
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:00:19 -0400
Darrell,

This sounds like a stuck needle valve in one, or both, of your carbs. When
were they last changed?

You could probably check this by removing the tops of the carbs and the
damper assemblies. If the fuel tank is full, or near full, you may see a
small stream of fuel running up out of the hole in the "bridge". Normally,
if the car has not been recently run, this area should be dry.

Good luck and report back.

Peter
'68 TR250 (just waiting for a new-used temp comp for the rear carb)