ZS needles and engine

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS needles and engine
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:19:57 -0500
One of our better respected LBC vendors told me that while rebuilding my
ZS carbs I should "match" the needles with the engine.

I am using TR6 71/72 ZS carbs on my TR250, mostly to get the adjustable
needles, and to have the internal manifold bypass. He said that because
the 71/72 had adjustable B1AF needles and I was using them on a TR250, I
should replace them with adjustable needles that are the equivalent of
the TR250 non-adjustable B2Y needles.

I'm also replacing the TR250 head with a later model TR6 head, using the
later model TR6 swept intake manifolds, 9.5:1 CR in the head, mild head
work, a new 274 duration cam with 110 overlap and .425 valve lift.

What engine is this and how do I match the carb needles to it???  :-)

I plan to ask him this same question, but I was wondering what you folks
thought. I had no idea that I needed to match the needles with the
engine, but I have to admit it makes some sort of sense.

Thanks,

Don Malling