RE: TR6 jacking points for floor jack

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 jacking points for floor jack
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:12:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Mark Hooper wrote:

> Hi Robert:

Hello.

> I stand corrected. I was always told that the TR6 didn't like it there as
> evidenced by the rather large flexing of the door gap. Do you keep the top
> up when lifting in the middle, and can your doors open when the side is
> lifted?

I can lift the car from the middle with the top up or down. I just can't
open the doors while in the process of lifting the car. This is generally
not a problem as lifting the car and access in/out of the car tend to be
mutually exclusive operations.

When the car is properly on jackstands (just forward of the front x-member
and in-line with the rear axles), the doors open properly, with maybe a
little effort required to open them.

Don't forget - the car flexes a _lot_ when you're driving it. It also
flexes when you're jacking/lifting it.

> You can bet I am going to give it a try tonight to be sure.

Kool. The balance point info is useful. I've used this method for 20+
years. No problems yet.

> Thanks for the update.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

You're welcome.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |