GM alternator

To: " " <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM alternator
From: Tom Lofgren <tom.lofgren@stanfordalumni.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:46:05 -0700
Hi,

I purchased a GM model 7127 alternator for my '69 TR6 as mentioned in Dan
Master's book, and I had two questions about mounting it.

The first is the "front / back" position.  If I mount it in the same hole as
the stock alternator, the pulley of the new alternator is about an inch
further forward than the water pump and crankshaft pulley.  Will this work OK?
 I don't really want my belt falling off all the time.  If it won't work, what
have people done to align the pulleys better?

The other question is the L-shaped bracket to hold the top of the alternator.
My stock one isn't long enough for the new alternator.  Are longer brackets a
"standard" item you can pick up at a parts store?

Thanks in advance,
Tom L
'69 TR6 CC25230